Subscribe on iTunes or SoundCloud.
This is a MEGA SHOW!
For this episode of the Sound Design Live podcast, I compiled a full hour of the best clips from my first two years of interviews, some of which are also included in my new eBook Sound Design Live: Build Your Career As A Sound Engineer. You’ll hear all about about online dating, AVB, how to move up in theatre, how to integrate live streaming into your live event, why Mix Magazine sucks, the dying art of theatrical acting, the pros/cons of gigging with a laptop, working in the West End, how to do an ABX blind test, creativity in pro audio, and why being a sound engineer is amazing.
[quote name=”Dimitris Sotiropoulos” picture=”https://sounddesignlive.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/sound-design-live-Dimitris-Sotiropoulos.jpg” align=”left”]Struggling with gigging, and becoming so intimate with artists and their musical dreams, gives me an opportunity to be a better person.[/quote]
Details from the podcast:
- All music in this episode by Zé Dos Frangos, The Riot Professor, and Mark Winslett
- The new eBook: Sound Design Live: Build Your Career As A Sound Engineer
- Mark Winslett’s GoFundMe page
- Clips in this compilation are from:
- Cables Are Dead with Ellen Juhlin
- From Highschool Dropout to Head Of Audio with Steve Brown
- From Free To Fee with Eddie Codel
- Larry Crane & Tape Op Magazine
- How To Mic An 800-Seat Theatre With Floor Mics with Pierre Dupree
- Laptops Do Not Make Live Sound Simpler with Howie Gordon
- Designing Without a Script with Andy Graham
- Show Networks and Control Systems with John Huntington
- Build A $100,000 Mixing Board with Bob Lentini
- How To Use Plugins With An Analog Console and Wireless Control with Dimitris Sotiropoulos
- Mixing For Emmylou Harris & Producing SXSW with Roy Taylor
[one_half_last padding=”0 0 0 20px”]