I am moving my online community for students and clients from Discord to Mighty Networks.
What’s Discord? What’s Mighty Networks?
That doesn’t really matter. What matters to you is that it will be a better experience all around.
- You hate Discord. It’s difficult to keep track of conversations and promotes mostly surface level interactions.
- Mighty Networks (MN) has a familiar interface, much like Facebook Groups without all of the distractions and ads.
- Mighty Networks has many features built to serve groups like ours.
Jan1 is moving day. Discord will remain active and I’ll check in regularly to pick up any stragglers. It will also be accessible to past members who want to search the archives.
Will there be a party?
Sure! I’ll be hanging out in the new group all day on Jan1.
Why would I want to stick around for 2019?
- Networking. Colleagues are the best source of job referrals and support.
- Make better decisions. Learn how to make better, more well-informed choices about your work and designs.
- Find inspiration. Thought-provoking conversations and expert perspective every day.
- Share stories. Swap stories, experiences, and ideas.
- Get answers. Navigate topics that don’t have easy or obvious answers (the stuff you can’t Google). I’ll be inviting industry leaders like Robert Scovill and Bob McCarthy to join in the discussion.
- Have an impact. Actively contribute to the community we’re building online and in real life so that together we can have a positive impact on the world.
What other questions do you have about the move?