Subscribe on iTunes, SoundCloud, Google Play or Stitcher.
Support Sound Design Live on Patreon.
In this episode of the Sound Design Live podcast, I want to share with you an interview that I did with Nate Schneider at AV Shop Talk. We talk about the technical challenges I faced while touring with the Ringling Brothers Circus, how I got my first jobs in the seven different cities I’ve lived in, and the advice I would give to 23 year-old me.
- All music in this episode by Colin Owens.
- Ringling Brothers Circus Out of this World
- DiGiCo SD5 Mixing Console
- [Video] DiGiCo SD5: Faders
- Waves Vocal Rider Plugin
- Nathan Lively’s LinkedIn Profile
- Tips for finding work in a new city
- Create list of potential employers
- Go door-to-door
- Get creative with bilingual postcards
- John McLaughlin Official Website
- “It’s not who you know – it’s what you know” – unknown
- “It’s not who you know – it’s who knows you” – David Avrin
- [eBook] Master Your Craft – Sound System Tuning For Confidence And Consistency