Subscribe on iTunes, SoundCloud, or Stitcher.
Support Sound Design Live on Patreon.
In this episode of Sound Design Live, I speak with the president of the Wireless Speaker Association (WiSA), Jim Venable. We discuss the nuts and bolts of the WiSA wireless audio standard that is currently used in home audio, but has obvious future application in pro audio. We also talk about 802.11a, dynamic frequency selection, and marketing for sound engineers.
The primary purpose of the WiSA is to insure the integrity of the wireless link between the transmitting device and the receiving device.
Details from the podcast:
- All music in this episode by Daniel Sierra.
- WiSA on Twitter
- 802.11a (5.1-5.8GHz) – worldwide unlicensed band.
- AVB – audio video bridging
- The blog post I referred to in our discussion on marketing for sound engineers: Opening Up The Marketplace To Sound Engineers
- You’ll have to figure out how to market [your] reputation in a global space.
- This is what we call the spousal approval factor.