Don’t have time for a sound check?
Aleš just posted a video explaining his method for quick monitor mixes on a digital console. Once you have the main channel set, the faders will be your visual guide.
Let’s do the mix for the lead vocal:
- Set input gains on all channels
- Sends on fader
- Set the vocal send to 0dB
- Bring up the send master to a comfortable level
- Set backing vocals at -5dB and harmony instruments at -8dB. Continuing adding other channels the vocalist might need using the faders as your visual guide.
- Repeat for all monitor sends