Subscribe on iTunes or SoundCloud.
Support Sound Design Live on Patreon.
In this episode of the Sound Design Live podcast I talk with the owner of Audio Issues, Björgvin Benediktsson. We discuss live sound survival, website design, and the Potluck Conference. He also talks about the Icelandic language, Sigur Rós, and how to deal with the shitty parts of working in live audio.
Details from the podcast:
- Music in this episode by Pan and The Long Wait
- Björgvin Benediktsson on Twitter and Facebook
- Sigur Rós
- SAE Institute
- eBooks: Recording & Mixing Strategies, Live Sound Survival
- Crowd Audio – The 99 Designs of mixing.
- Talent House, eLance
- Behringer Zenix
- Theme Forest (for WordPress)
- NAMM, AES
- Potluck Conference in Tucson
- “Live sound is difficult, frustrating, has long hours, and often commands very bad pay. Even though mixing live sound might be an awesome job, it’s just a small part of what you do as a live sound engineer. Sometimes running live sound just sucks.”
- “I’m a big believer in quitting fast if you really know it’s not for you.”