Subscribe on iTunes, SoundCloud, or Stitcher.
Support Sound Design Live on Patreon.
In this episode of the Sound Design Live podcast, I talk to Nat Koren about his audio career with the San Francisco Opera. We answer these questions:
- What are the pros and cons of working with the union?
- How do you mix an opera?
- What does a sound designer do for an opera?
- What specialized gear do they use at the opera house?
- How do they mix the show and operate 12 cameras without any humans in the room?
- All music in this episode by The Nagual Orchestra
- IATSE = International Alliance of Stage Employees
- BAFTA = British Academy of Film and Television Arts
- Meyer Sound CQ-1, CAL96 column array
- Pyramix, Horus
- Dante, AVB, CobraNet
- The benefit of working with the union is that I am able to make a living and have healthcare.
- I could be here from 8am to 11pm. I often am.
Leave a Reply