Subscribe on iTunes, SoundCloud, Google Play or Stitcher.
Support Sound Design Live on Patreon.
In this episode of Sound Design Live, I speak with freelance recording engineer and a sound system tuning expert for automotive audio and electrical consumer products, Shelley Uprichard. She walks us through sound system tuning for some of the biggest car manufacturers in the world (using mostly free tools and listening!) and how she got started in the automotive industry. I ask:
- How did you get your first job in audio?
- How are you finding clients for system tuning?
- Can you take me on a tour of a day in your life?
- What are your favorite Danish bands?
- What is the work opportunity for audio like in Copenhagen?
- What’s in your work bag?
The idea is to make the tuning situation as close as how it will be for the end user.
- All music in this episode by Kaya Nova, Eh Bau, and Reptile Youth
- Find Shelley on Facebook.
- Bang & Olufsen, Arkamys
- Software: True RTA, REW
- You need to know everything about how it’s going to be used and then you can make the best decisions.
Leave a Reply